I just need one more day to bleed
To fill my cup, a toast to a death I need
My life is always full of empty bottles of tears
As my mind collects memories from all my fears
My feet are really tired from walking the miles of age
But these chains that I was born with, a broken act on stage
The spotlight from the moonbeam, a shadow cast’s its part
As being prolific at bleeding smiles, creating emptiness in my heart
I feel that I’m swimming in a fishbowl with a fastidious faceless crowd
As a child drowning in anxiety, a word that wasn’t allowed
This overwhelming feeling as a child handed me the mask we share
The crowd is vicious throughout my life, chewing on my soul without care
To know the meaning of a why is just an answer told
I’m fighting my life in my war, my age my death I now hold
One more time, the last call of my name in a voice
The echoes are greedy for my sanity, torture is their smile of choice
My innocence of a minds child, growing into a soul that’s broken
Looking for a way of light, darker of the way words spoken
The scars from barbs of idle tongues are the insanity that created me
I held so many thoughts they sent me, that I have forgotten who I should be
Was I the one she wanted from an evening so very far away?
A glass of wine and a kiss for my tears, as she walked into yesterday
I remember too well these moments, as my pen has empty spaces
The air of my torturers is screaming, with my memories burned on their faces
I’m falling into a worn-down cycle, using up days before the sun goes down
There’s not much left of my reflection to see except for this broken man of a clown
Juggling life with death notes while I’m off balance on a hangman’s rope
My way into life is repeating a breath but my soul is still learning to cope
With a trail of bloody scars and the tears of an ageless pain
The remembrance of me is just a fragmented heart stain
I toasted the last call for the night, I watched the sky melt away the blue
The darkness of dreams is telling me, “life and death are just illusions of you”
https://www.facebook.com/LoudandDark
Image: Derek Hess Store

Comments
Post a Comment
We can do better!